STR simply means – Subject to Regularization. This is issued primarily based on the availability of Quota especially in the case of private organizations. The visa is issued on request by sponsoring organizations, individual investors coming to Nigeria to reside. All STR cables shuld be processed through the office of the Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service in Abuja for foreigners who are wishing to take up employment and reside in Nigeria for a given period of time.
STR could be subdivided into:
a. STR for Private Organisation;
b.STR for government employees/NGO, Red Cross, Doctors without Boarders, etc;
c. STR for foreign Wives of Nigerians;
d. STR for students;
e. STR for Dependants and so on. These classes of STR visa have specific operational requirements for visa issuance.
- STR approval from Nigeria;
- Expatriate Quota from Ministry of Interior;
- Return Ticket reservation;
- 2 Current Passport photographs;
- Online payment of Visa fees at http://www.immigration.gov.ng Acknowledgment slip and payment confirmation receipt
- €20.00 Administrative fee to be paid at the Embassy;
- Download and complete form IMM/22.
- 4 Passport Photographs;
- 4 copies of Letter of Appointment;
- 4 Copies of Letter of Acceptance;
- 4 copies of Condition of Service;
- 4 copies of Curriculum Vitae;
- 4 copies of Applicant’s Credentials;
- 4 copies of Birth Certificate;
- 4 Copies of Form IMM/22;
- The Originals of the documents in (viii – xv) to be authenticated at the Embassy. Authentication fee €25.00/page.;
- (If Married) Marriage Certificate.